
Bike Ride - Well last Sunday I did my first large group ride! There were about 2,500 riders at the annual http://www.sweetcornride.com/ event. The sweetcorn ride is an open start fun ride with a big party afterwards. It goes through the Cuyahogo Vallye National Park and surrounding towns. There is a 25,50 and 100 miler. We did the 55 miler, yea that's right, we did a couple of the EXTRA hills.
We had a great group that rode the event, in no particular order, Thomas, Matt, Carl, Kyle and Matthias and your host...me.
There were so many cool things about this ride. I was very impressed with the hills in the Cuyahoga http://www.cvnpa.org/ . The hills took me by surprise at how challenging they really were. The food sucked, so Kyle and I hit Winking Lizards in Peninsula afterwards for some beer and food.
We averaged 16mph on the ride and that was totally due to the HUGE hills, in actuality we were blazing through the ride, I think my top speed was 43mph.
Thanks Thomas and Matt for telling me about this ride and I'm looking forward to this event next year.
We had a great group that rode the event, in no particular order, Thomas, Matt, Carl, Kyle and Matthias and your host...me.
There were so many cool things about this ride. I was very impressed with the hills in the Cuyahoga http://www.cvnpa.org/ . The hills took me by surprise at how challenging they really were. The food sucked, so Kyle and I hit Winking Lizards in Peninsula afterwards for some beer and food.
We averaged 16mph on the ride and that was totally due to the HUGE hills, in actuality we were blazing through the ride, I think my top speed was 43mph.
Thanks Thomas and Matt for telling me about this ride and I'm looking forward to this event next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment